Thursday, April 21, 2005

FIRST, AND SECOND INNINGS

LIVE FIRST PITCH.

I'm eating Cream of Vegetable soup, and having a Chicken Salad Sandwich. Good times (insert theme song.) I would also like to say that having soup without Oyster Crackers is NOT optional.

Hairston,s out, but back to back singles by Nifty Perez and Corey Patterson make me excited.

12:17 PM: Ramirez ground into double play. I can't see anything. Nice play Grudz.
To the bottom of the first we go, and to the shellacking of Ryan Dempster:

BOTTOM OF 1st:
Somebody put spices in the Chicken Salad sandwich. I am NOT a fan.
Eckstein flies out, Walker grounds out...We're on our way to Dempster's second no-hitter folks.
12:21 pm: Poo singles on a 2-0 pitch...Probably a fastball. Where's the walks from Dumpy when you need them???
12:22 Pm: Did Edmonds just foul a bunt on 0-1??? That's what gameday's saying. Right about now Mr. Buck is probably saying, "There shows the class and unselfishness of one of today's GREAT players." I hope Buck gets pooped on by Randy Moss during the seventh inning stretch.
12:24 PM: Edmonds strikes out swinging, and I'm on my final bag of oyster crackers. Times could not be better.
END OF 1: Cubs 0, Cards 0.

TOP OF SECOND INNING:
12:27 PM: Is Jeromy Burnitz still guessing at pitches? Let me know on the comments...It's 3-2...and he grouns out to Eckshtein...Doo...Doo Has...Doo Has MECH!
12:30 PM: Lee Flies out. Hollandsworth comes up. You know it's a bad year when your PHOTO looks like it doesn't have confidence.
12:31 PM: Eckstein gets the job done. Looks like Carpenter is 'sanding down the Cubs.' Hope you got off on that Chip.

BOTTOM OF SECOND INNING:
12:35 PM: A Grudz double play. Fantastico. Now up, Reggie Sanders...Where's Ray Lankford and Bernard Gilkey, or Brian Jordan? Reggie Sanders, what is he 43?
12:37 PM; He pops out to Hairston.

Cubs 0, Cards 0...End of 2.
I'll be back after I puke up this Chicken Sandwich.

No comments: