Monday, January 21, 2008

Closing time

UPDATE: 1060west's John Dooley and, I think, frequent comment man Jim Leo have started a blog called ghostofpaulnoce. So get off of this page and go read something new over there! Now go...

------------------------

Dear reader, (that's in your honor gm)

Over the last several years, I have had a great deal of fun writing, on this little corner of Al Gore's interweb, my thoughts on the Chicago Cubs. As the Cubs approach the 2008 season, I have decided that I no longer will update 1060west. On one hand I am reluctant to do this (this could be the year!--LMAO), on the other hand I am quite relieved to go back to being a 'private citizen' Cub fan. While I have always enjoyed keeping this blog, I have enjoyed it less and less as time has moved on. So with that I've decided to end this experiment (an experiment that I never thought would last this long).

This page has had great contributors who have spent alot of time posting and commenting on this blog over the past several years. I want to thank each and every one of them. I am not sure what purpose any of this served, I do know at times maybe we said some things people liked and at times we said things people didn't. But hell this is a blog about a baseball team, nothing more or less. In the end I hope you enjoyed our little tainted vision of what was going on over at 1060 West Addison St.

So to all you readers out there--thank you very much for letting this crappy/unpopular blog be part of your interweb experience.

Go Cubs & Adios,

CCD

No comments: