Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Irrational or rational angst

AP Photo.

Following last nites debacle, here's a conversation I had with my self:


MY: A two and a half game lead with five games to
play.
SELF: They can't blow this.
MY: Are you kidding yourself this is the Cubs. Look
Milwaukee just went up 7-1 on St. Louis. The lead is now two.
SELF:
Still all the Cubs have to do is win three of their
final five and if the Brewers lose one, they have to lose one...
MY: There you go again. Trying to talk yourself into it.
Just admit it. If any team can piss away a 3-1/2 game lead with 6 to play it is your Chicago Cubs. They have nearly pissed half of it away in two days.
SELF: We'll get 'em tomorrow.
MY: LMAO. Will you ever learn, dumb ass.


Armchair therapists and Anon posters have at me. I can't decide whether I'm on the bandwagon or the ledge. This my friends is gut wrenching.

Oh well enjoy tonite...if you can.

No comments: