Sunday, December 04, 2005

Hendry busts

The scenario that many of us feared has come true. As Ivy Chat reported yesterday, Raffy Furcal took the cashola and the good weather. He's off to Los Angeles to have his exploits called by the legendary Vin Scully. Furcal agreed to a 3 year/$39.5 million deal. I'm sorry, I think our old friend Ned Colletti overpaid for a player with a .348 OBP.

Still this leaves the Cubs in the same predicament they have been in the past few years. No capable leadoff hitter and too many potential plate appearances for Neifi Perez.

I have asked what "plan B" is for 2006 not once but twice on this shitty site. Now we get to see what Jim's "action-plan" is. While the Marlins have unloaded nearly every commodity they have, Hendry has not been able to finalize the much rumored deal for Juan Pierre. We'll wait and see if this deal happens, I'm not holding my breath.

While Hendry has his many defenders. I am not one of them. I am not comfortable with this man trying to rebuild this team. In my opinion he is in way over his skis as a major league GM. Over the past few years we have learned that the fabled minor league system isn't worth a shit. For a GM with a background in player development that's a failure.

Anyways, the more things change the more they stay the same.

No comments: