Tuesday, February 08, 2005

Hey Jose....Get Hosed!

"Juice: Wild Times, Rampant 'Roids, Smash Hits and How Baseball Got Big,"

Jose Canseco's new book soon to be released points the finger at teamates around the league as using and abusing steroids, what a crock. Be careful 1060 westers on who you listen to. This one-time part, of the 1-2 punch called the "bash brothers" is in my humble opionion, trying to take monetary advantage of the flavor of the day in MLB.

When I was 14 years old my old man took me down to Old County for a Brewers/A's game. We went early for BP to see the players, get autograph's and hopefully get a ball. Steinbach signed my hat, McGwire signed my hat, Weiss signed my hat, but when I asked for Canseco's, a gentleman named Ozzie Canseco asked for $5 and he would get his brother to sign the hat. Just a little insight as to what is motivating Canseco right now.

I have no Physical proof that Canseco's claims are false, nor will I put togheter an investigation that provides eveidence of false claims. I will trust my instincts and refer back to that July day in 1988, where my run in with the Canseco family was anything but what baseball is about.

We all make choices in life, good or bad, we live with the consequences. Perhaps Canseco would have chose earlier in his career to not be such a primadonna and he wouldn't have to write a book about steroids to make a living. People who abuse fame, will only find that what ever hole they think they are in, that hole is only going to get deeper and deeper, unless you fec up come clean, and actually try to become a good person. The thing that really doesn't sink in for Hose-A is he hit 40 homers and stole 40 bases in one year, a feat only accomplished by a few. Why didn't he choose to write a book about "How I accomlished my 40/40 year"? I would have read that...Not anymore!

Feel free to comment on your thoughts of Mr. Canseco. And I would be very eager to hear if anyone else has ever met his brother Ozzie, or Jose and what there meeting was like, (Good or bad)

Just a bit outside,

Mcav

No comments: